Kolkata: West Bengal CM and Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee has released the party’s manifesto ahead of the assembly election in the state.
Sitting in a wheelchair, Mamata Banerjee said, “We were supposed to release our manifesto earlier but due to my health condition, it took time. We are releasing our manifesto today by thanking Maa, Mati, Manush (mother, soil and people).
“Our work has caught the attention of the world. For Kanyashree, we were awarded the first position by UNESCO,” CM Mamata highlighted.
ALSO READ | Mumbai New CP: Param Bir Singh Removed As Police Commissioner, Hemant Nagrale Takes Charge After Sachin Vaze Controversy
The release of TMC’s election manifesto was postponed twice after the chief minister sustained injuries while campaigning in Nandigram on March 10.
“This is not a political manifesto, it is a development-oriented manifesto. This a manifesto of the people, for the people, and by the people,” : Mamata Banerjee said at the press conference.
“When TMC came to power our revenue was about Rs 25,000 crores, it is now over Rs 75,000 crores,” she added.
“We will decrease unemployment. 5 lakh job opportunities will be generated in a year,” CM Mamata committed while also claiming that the government has reduced poverty by 40 percent in the state.
Some of TMC’s notable poll promises include:
- Free ration at home to 1.5 crore people in the state under “Duare Sarkar” initiative.
- “Duare Sarkar” program will be held for four months every year.
- Monthly allowance of Rs 1 thousand to widows from the month of May.
- Kanyashree, Roopashree, Swasthya Saathi schemes to continue.
- Monthly allowance of Rs 1000 to be given to Scheduled Caste families.
- “Every family in the state will be ensured the minimum earning”: CM Mamata.
- “People’s earnings in the state will be doubled”: she promised.
Meanwhile, The TMC supremo once again alleged that the Election Commission “is being guided by the BJP”. They are misusing the powers of the Election Commission, she claimed.