‘Tis the season to be thankful. But I’d argue that conserving a posture of gratitude is wholesome all 12 months lengthy. We’ve heard the research and we all know the advantages of gratitude—however how will we faucet into it each day? It’s really easy to get misplaced in our to-do lists and anxieties. No matter my greatest intentions, a gratitude follow is simply not on the prime of my listing. However, with the facility of a bit behavior stacking, I do are inclined to open my journal on most mornings. And calling on gratitude prompts is the quickest strategy to get me into the mindset I’m in search of—one which makes the mundane stunning and offers me a real sense of gratefulness for this little life.
Image above by Jenn Rose Smith, from our interview with Riley Reed
Get Breathing Space
A twice-monthly notice from me to you. What’s presently on my thoughts, in my cart, on my plate, and extra. Drop your e mail to subscribe.
Thanks for Signing Up!
Looks such as you’re already signed up or your e mail handle is invalid.
Looks such as you unsubscribed earlier than click on right here to resubscribe.
One factor that’s modified my perspective recently is to try to place extra emphasis on individuals over issues. I’ve a pocket book stuffed with gratitude entries that listing out how a lot I really like my espresso or this “lovely breeze we’re having.” This mind-set definitely heightens my consciousness of the world round me. However, probably the most highly effective shift comes after I concentrate on the individuals in my life. From household to buddies to co-workers and even run-ins with a sort stranger, actually meditating on what makes every particular person so significant has amplified the colour of my world—and brought the highlight off myself.
Here are 18 gratitude writing prompts to assist harness your thankfulness on this season and the subsequent.
Gratitude Journal Prompts For a Grateful Life
- Make an inventory of 10 stuff you’re grateful for that you just usually wouldn’t assume twice about.
- What’s one thing you needed earlier than that you’ve now? Do you now take it as a right or are you grateful?
- What’s one thing you need extra of? Write a thank-you notice from the angle that you have already got it.
- Write about 5 good issues that occurred to you final month.
- What is one thing you discovered final month?
- Write down a couple of of your favourite literary quotes that make you smile.
- What are three issues that make you are feeling such as you?
- What stress-relieving merchandise/motion are you grateful for?
- Look within the mirror and resist the pull to assume unfavourable ideas. Write down the constructive stuff you see.
- Write about somebody you’re grateful for.
- What is one thing you’re trying ahead to?
- What is the very best factor that occurred to you yesterday?
- Who was the final particular person to make you smile?
- What is your favourite factor about your accomplice?
- Write in regards to the final time you felt actually at peace.
- Reflect in your favourite vacation and the moments you get pleasure from most.
- What is a lesson you’ve discovered that you just’re grateful for?
- Write a couple of favourite reminiscence from the previous 12 months.