In the news today: A Trump-appointed inspector general’s claims that the gassing of peaceful protesters had nothing to do with a planned Trump publicity stunt is at odds with known facts. Investigations into the Jan. 6 insurrection continue, despite Republican attempts at stonewalling. The Arizona “audit” gets challenged by real experts who say they can produce a more accurate count without ever leaving their homes.
Here’s some of what you may have missed:
• Claims that Lafayette Square was not cleared for Trump don’t hold up to even a cursory examination
• GOP stonewalling aside, Jan. 6 insurrection investigations continue to raise fresh evidence
• Capitol Police officer warns that Jan. 6 ‘was the tip of the iceberg’ as Republicans dismiss threat
• GOP delays first Indian-American federal personnel director due to common sense race theory
• Actual election experts challenge incompetent Arizona ‘audit’ team: ‘Put up or shut up’
From the community:
• …At The End He Had Tylenol For The Pain
• Did you see the great annular solar eclipse of 2021 this morning?